Tuesday, September 1, 2020

icx 7650 radius auth questions

Howdy,

I'm setting up radius authentication for my company's switches (mix of HP and Ruckus). All the HPs seem to work just fine with config entries like: "aaa authentication ssh login peap-mschapv2 local" On the Ruckus switches I have tried entries like (specifically an icx 7650 for testing): "aaa authentication login default radius local" only for my NPS radius server to come back and tell me that the switch is reaching out to my radius server via PAP: "Authentication Type: PAP The user attempted to use an authentication method that is not enabled on the matching network policy." After doing some digging through the fastiron security configuration guide, watching a couple of youtube videos, and trying a couple dozen different ways to search for icx switch radius config without getting results for Ruckus wireless, I haven't found a way to use PEAP. Am I correct in saying that the icx doesn't support PEAP? From my understanding the icx switches support radsec, is that my only option for secured authentication between my switches and my radius server? Apologies if this is a dumb question or if I'm chasing the wrong issue.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment