Friday, September 11, 2020

Help with bandwidth on WAN failover

Hello,

We are currently using a Cisco Meraki with Comcast internet. The only available alternative in the area is Cebtury Link DSL, which we use as a backup. The site I’m working on, has Nest cameras which use a lot of bandwidth, since they are constantly uploading to the cloud. Everything works fine when on the Comcast internet, but once it fails over, the DSL doesn’t have enough bandwidth to keep up. Any ideas on the best solution here? How can I prevent the Nest cameras from failing over when the backup internet kicks on? The modem is an Arris SB8200. I thought about putting the best cameras on a separate network, but even then I’m trying to figure out the best way to do this, since it seems like I can’t put any rules in meraki for the failover.

Thanks for you help!



No comments:

Post a Comment