Friday, September 18, 2020

Fortigate Web SSL VPN - Bookmark times out after login screen

I just set up an SSL VPN and want to use Web Mode to provide remote access to a web-based service hosted on-site at one of our location. I can reach the Fortinet SSL VPN login page, log in successfully, click on my bookmark, reach the log in screen of our service, enter the credentials and click login - then the connection times out. This only happens when using the web mode - when connected to the same SSL VPN portal in Forticlient everything works perfectly.

Fortinet support seems stumped. I've talked to 3 different techs. Initially they wanted me to upgrade the firmware from 6.2.0 to 6.2.4, which I did and which did not resolve the issue. They're taken packet captures and could not locate the problem.

The last tech analyzed the HTTP header during the login process and saw a number of "NS_ERROR_NET_ON_WAITING_FOR" followed by "NS_ERROR_NET_ON_TRANSACTIONS_CLOSE" before the page timed out.

The tech mentioned there potentially being an issue with logon screens over the SSL Web VPN? Is there a workaround for that? I guess I'm just very frustrated with Fortinet support. Has anyone experienced an issue like this before?



No comments:

Post a Comment