Tuesday, September 8, 2020

F5 - persistence across pools?

Hi all,

In the F5 BIG-IP world, is it possible to have persistence across multiple pools? The caveat being those pools have the same nodes but on different ports.

The issue is I have multiple servers with the same services on multiple ports (3 different ports).

So, i have 4 servers, listening on 3 different ports each.

I don't think I can use one pool, because my health monitor will only reflect the health on a single port (which is no good if the service fails on a particular port).

So I figured i would create a pool for each port with each node in it on that specific port.

I then have an irule that picks a pool at random and a node is then picked randomly from that pool.

The issue is with persistence, it isnt working. I created a cookie hash profile and ticked "match persistence across pools" but it still doesn't work. I believe this is because F5 state the pool members have to be same node + same port.

Can anybody think of a solution to this?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment