Thursday, September 3, 2020

[Curiosity] Just a question for Cisco's throughput numbers (as compared to others like MikroTik and FortiGate)

So I'm just curious as to why Cisco's throughputs are so low as compared to others that have high numbers - i.e. FortiGate, even Mikrotik. I mean take the 2900's for example. How come they're so weak in pushing packets that can't even achieve >300Mbps despite them having much of a hardware yet the little MikroTik and FortiGate devices have much much higher - 490Mbps for MT Hex Lite and 3Gbps for the 90D? I've been working with Cisco devices all my 8 years in the industry and have now just started learning more on FortiGate, Juniper, and MikroTik, and this huge throughput performance gap with Cisco has kept me wondering why then businesses choose Cisco (aside from the familiarity in IOS and the reputation).



No comments:

Post a Comment