Friday, September 25, 2020

Corning Unicam fiber terminating kits - what fiber to buy for these?

My work recently gave me some Corning Unicam kits for terminating fiber. (I think it's this kit)

We already have the test equipment (e.g. fiber scopes, OLTS, OTDRs etc.)

We are using single-mode UPC fiber, with duplex LC, and 10Gbase-LR and 100Gbase-LR4 for networking.

I read several other posts which seem to discourage terminating your own fiber, and just to hire a contractor.

Assuming we already have the kits and test equipment - is this still worth pursuing?

What fiber do I need to buy, in order to use with the Corning Unicam kits?

Sorry if this is a naive question - but I assume there's just some raw cable on a spool I can roll out, to cut and splice on these ends?



No comments:

Post a Comment