Saturday, September 26, 2020

Connected to 2 networks but WAN not reachable?

I’m setting up a raspberry pi to connect to 2 networks via Ethernet and WiFi. Hosts on both networks are reachable but I am experiencing problems when trying to acces the outside network:

Let's say I connected the Pi to: WLan#1 throught WiFi and to Lan#1 throught Ethernet. If the external gateway (the one which is connected to WAN) is on WLan#1 I won't be able to reach external hosts from the Pi itself since the device automatically uses eth0 iface as the default one (so it where it redirects all requests to unknown hosts).

Any ideas on how to overcome this issue? I just want the Pi to be able to acces the outside network. Lan#1 does not need to reach the outside network so no pass through/relay mechanism is needed on the raspberry pi. The raspberry pi uses dhcpcd



No comments:

Post a Comment