Friday, September 25, 2020

Cisco Router to Unifi Dream Machine Pro via SFP(+)

My ISP (BT In the UK) has provided a Cisco 4400 Series router for their 1G FTTP Leased Line. This is managed by them.

I'd like to connect this to my Dream Machine Pro via SFP Port 10. This will then free up port 9 which will allow me to set up a WAN Failover.

At the minute I am connected from the CISCO to port 9 of the Dream Machine Pro via ethernet and all is good.

I have a spare one of these cables that I used to connect to my Unifi 48 POE Switches.. this all works good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01H6EOI2I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was thinking it might have worked between the CISCO and the Dream machine PRO but no luck.

What Cables / Modules do I need to do this... i.e what will work with the both?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment