Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Cisco 9100 AP/9800 (EWC) + WPA3 + iPhone magic config cocktail ?

Hello,

I'm struggling to get this working. My setup for this test:

  • 9115AX AP - 17.3.1.9
  • EWC - 17.03.01.0.351
  • iPhone X - iOS 14

It seems like when I do mixed WPA2/3 is when I run into issues. The phone attempts to associate and finally gives up saying "unable to join this network". Seems to maybe have something to do with FT config as well. Of course FT is tied into WPA3/SAE so the options are limited there. When I kick back to to WPA2 config, the phone joins with no issues. Also - when I have WPA2/3 configured other devices seem to be able to join just fine (Nintendo WiiU, Raspberry PIs, etc.).

At one point I had an 1832 AP running ME, and my phone was still on iOS 13.x. I was able to configure a WLAN as WPA2/3 and join my phone at that point (I had other issues with the 1832s though, another story...).

Anyone have this working or know what I might be missing ? I will likely post over at the Cisco Community forums as well but figured I'd try here first. Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment