Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Cisco 5508-X ASA >> FTD Migration FAILURE

So I am trying to change this 5508-x ASA to an FTD node.

I upgraded the firmware in ROMMON like suggested...got my TFTP server setup, and when I transfer the FTD code to the ASA it works fine, but the code never actually loads and the ASA never goes into the FTD setup prompts.

No errors, no failures, just the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! transfer and a message that says it completed. If I look into DISK0: I do not see the transferred file.

The weird thing is the install guides always show the FTD software file with an extension of :

ftd-boot-latest.lfbf 

But when I go to the actual software page suggested by Cisco I get this:

Cisco_FTD_Patch-6.4.0.8-28.sh.REL.tar

Has anayone had experience with this? Getting a little frustrating and TAC is taking their sweet time.



No comments:

Post a Comment