Thursday, September 3, 2020

Circumventing IP restrictions in dorm

Hi there, I don't know if this is the right sub...

I'm in a student dorm that only allows us to connect through cable. I was given a personal IP address and therefore I think they must have been using only static IPs here. I want to be able to connect my phone and my laptop at the same time. I brought with me a wifi repeater that I managed to set up, also I crypted my DNS queries so the staff can't see them. When I connect to the wifi network I created I can only use that given IP, nothing else. I tried some other ones randomly, but none worked. What's the best approach here? Should I nmap the larger network looking for free IPs? (I'd prefer not to, don't want to raise any kind of suspect). Unfortunately my wifi repeater doesn't seem capable of working as a proper hotspot, with its own DHCP rules...



No comments:

Post a Comment