Thursday, September 10, 2020

Catalyst 9200 pricing?

Hi All. Apologies if this belongs in a weekly pricing thread or somewhere else. I've inherited a closet with an ancient 3750 stack that I need to replace. It looks like the 9200 series will do everything I need (basic switching, PoE, EIGRP).

I always dread buying Cisco because we do it so rarely and in such small qtys (I'm looking for 4 switches) that I feel like the resellers quote us higher pricing because we have no frame of reference.

Looking at Google, I see CDW pricing the C9200-48P-E around $4500 but then I see the exact same SKU on router-switch.com for $2200. That's a huge difference and I don't understand why it exists.

Can anyone help me understand what a fair market price for these switches would be? Also, aside from the switch itself, do I have to purchase any kind of additional licensing? If so, what?



No comments:

Post a Comment