Monday, September 7, 2020

BGP to the server

I'm trying to come up with a way to get rid of vlans in our datacenters, so having the servers be dual homed to two TOR switches and running BGP with the tors make's sense. I want to use link-local addressing where the ToR will establish BGP with any neighbor that request it.
I've mostly got a good handle on how I'd want it to work, but I'm looking for blogs/write-ups, or even just brainstorming potential details. Should the server run FRR? Zebra/Bird/Quagga? How should an unconfigured server bootup initially? PXE, then download a configuration file for it's BGP agent? We have Chef available, but I'm not super familiar with all of it's implementation details or it's limitations.

Anyway, what do you guys think? What kind of gotcha's would I face?



No comments:

Post a Comment