Saturday, August 8, 2020

Thinking of moving from Palo Alto to Cisco Firepower

Hey guys,

As the title mentioned, i`m planning to move away from Palo Alto to firepower, due to horrible support in my part of the world.

Plus the pricing is pretty high, we are already going Cisco ISE, Cisco DUO, Cisco AMP4E and Cisco Umbrella. I saw a lot of post on /r networking about issues facing FTD. So I am a bit worried

But I def think id rather Cisco support over PAN for my card data environment, we had the 3020`s from Palo Alto, but it`s time to upgrade to the 850`s, however i`m tired of the horrible support esp the wait times, it has reached to a stage where we fear having to call support, we even went Fortinet for our edge due to a proper SD-WAN at the time of consideration, along with cost and webvpn support for other protocols other than http/https and i`m having better support from them in my region. And we got the best support contract from Palo Alto atm so this really hits home.

Our CDE has a lot of point of sale, international credit cards, international debit cards, card holder info and local ATM cards thus I need a strong support service with strong PCI-DSS support.

As for skill set i`m comfortable with both PAN and Cisco FTD as I have PCNSA and CCNP security.

If we do go Cisco I plan on getting FMC (any feedback on this as well)

I have been lurking the pan vs cisco threads 2 weeks now haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment