Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Switch getting wrong IP Address

I am having network issues that just started randomly. All of a sudden the internet stopped working, I checked my rack and unplugged everything (power wise) and plugged it back in with no success. When I disconnected my network switch from the router and plugged a couple things directly to the router they worked fine. When I tried plugging them back into the network switch I was getting an IP Address of 169 rather than the usual 192. Since if things are plugged directly into the router they work fine, is the switch the issue? Or is it possible that it is something that is plugged into the switch that could be causing the issue? If that’s the case, how to I track it down? It’s a 24 port router and is my in-laws house so not sure where all the wiring goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment