Saturday, August 1, 2020

Small network share help

Dear all and sorry for my noob question.

I have a computer that’s acting as a server. On this machine im sharing the WiFi internet with the Ethernet (that’s connected to a switch). Simple enough and it works.

1) I’d like to share two folders from this machine that should only be accessed to the 5 persons connected on the Ethernet/switch only, and not to persons connected to the WiFi network. Can this be done?

2) One of the folders that I want to share should only be accessible to the two managers (connected to the Ethernet/switch). Is there a way to share this folder and only allow the managers to gain access?

I’m helping out a nonprofit for abused teens which this so the purchasing of equipment is not recommended. If there are affordable software that I can purchase I’ll take the recommendations. All computers are windows 10 (including the server)

Many thanks for the tips/assistance.



No comments:

Post a Comment