Saturday, August 22, 2020

Semi-n00b Router Question

So I am reasonably tech savvy however am having some confusion regarding internet speeds. I am currently using a Netgear WNDR3400v2 (rated at 10/100, I know - not the best) with a 200mb internet connection from an Arris TM822. When plugged directly into the modem I am indeed able to get 200mb and the “Link” light flashes green. However when plugged into the router I am maxing out at 100mb and even less so for wifi (with only 1 device connected) and the “Link” light on the Arris flashes orange. I recently purchased a Netgear R6080 to do some troubleshooting - also rated at 10/100 & 1000mb wireless and am having the same issue - wireless speeds not surpassing 100mb with one device connected and Arris still flashing orange. Can anyone elucidate how I can achieve over 100mb wireless speeds with either of these current routers from my 200mb connection or do I need to get a faster router? And if so, any recs under $100? Thanks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment