Saturday, August 15, 2020

Searching for essential tools for non-technical users get network metrics for videoconferencing

Hello,

I am looking for tools to create network testing procedures for a group of non-technical people, so that their members can share metrics with each other and with me, in order to decide who will carry out certain activities during live group videoconferencing.

I would like it to be easy for them to get metrics such as:

- jitter

- latency

- packet loss

- band

- mtu

I understand that Zoom clients have some of these metrics available to their users.

But we are not using Zoom.

We are using Google Meets and StreamYard as virtual rooms.

I discovered the site test.vsee.com that runs diagnostics in parallel to a videoconference. I understand that the metrics from test.vsee.com will not reflect direct values ​​between the tested computer and the server used for videoconferencing (ex: Google Meets or StreamYard servers). But, it seems to be better than asking each participant in the referred activity to enter command line commands in their different operating systems (Linux, Mac and Windows).

I would like to know if you have any preferred tools or procedures to recommend in this case.

Thank you very much for any help,

GS



No comments:

Post a Comment