Saturday, August 8, 2020

Replacement for Comodo Internet Security

Hi,

I've been using Comodo Internet Security for quite some time, and in general, are rather happy with its functionality, and the (perceived?) security it provides (together with Win10's builtin AV features).

Anyway, recently I've been increasingly having problems with some applications which Comodo seems to block without actually reporting any problems (e.g. Python for PlatformIO in Atom), making it hard to pinpoint where a problem is actually coming from.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a decent replacement? I definitely want the outgoing application-based firewall control I currently have (I hate when programs "phone home" without my knowledge and consent), and possibly better AV than M$ Defender (albeit I've read that in comparisons, it's one of the better free solutions out there, so possibly a decent SW-FW is all I need...)

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment