Thursday, August 6, 2020

Question: Is there a way I am able to remove multiple Profile V6 folders on a server?

Hello Reddit, usually I am the one who would help people out when I can but this time I could really use your help.

In our business, we use roaming profiles where they can log onto any machine with there logins on any machine connecting to our domain. Within these roaming profiles, there is something called ProfileV6. Sometimes we need to remove the profile V6 to reset their profile.

I was wondering if there was a way to bulk remove this folder from multiple user profiles?

An example of the file path would be:

\\user-server\Users\Staff\Jsmith\profileV6

I have a feeling a script/batch file would need to run but I am the worst when it comes to scripts.

I could imagine this is some very beginner level scripting but I can't see how it can logically work. Perhaps have a script that locates to a usernames.txt? Within the usernames.txt I would have all the usernames that I wish to remove the profile V6

Any help would be most appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment