Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Question about network cache.

Currently working on a system that has a dedicated network cache on our end. This cache device has been causing intermittent drops on our services. I’ve checked config’s and they are exactly how the distant end wants them programmed. For now, I currently have it bypassed in order to maintain functioning services. Due to our network policy, we are technically required to use it. (Because of a recently renewed contract)

I know that our individual work stations, and distant end, cache data to speed up “xyz” processes. So my question is: is the dedicated network caching device a useless redundancy in the overall scheme? (Despite policy requirements)

To me, it seems that this tertiary device is an extra redundant piece of equipment that stands to just complicate things. (Probably because I’m tired of dealing with it.) Do you think having a third dedicated network caching device is a necessity?



No comments:

Post a Comment