Friday, August 7, 2020

PTP - Recently installed equipment by ISP, what is it?

Can somebody identify the equipment that was installed on my tower?
https://imgur.com/a/7aWmWzT

Backstory to why I'm asking

I live in the country and as such am stuck with PTP internet, I found an ISP and after installing an 85ft tower I have internet! Recently they came back saying they needed to upgrade it. Originally there was one little dish and a rectangle lower down, nothing more. Now the tower seems FULL of devices.

Ive been told there are 12 other people on it and has offered me a 50% discount (which I question but a topic for another time). All in all I want to be aware of what is on my property and what it's being used for if I can. Especially if it's a power suck, all I have inside is a tiny 3x2 receiver that plugs in to an outlet with a blue light for my own ethernet cord.



No comments:

Post a Comment