Saturday, August 1, 2020

Port scan large number of IP Addresses

Here's the use case:

Total number of IP Addresses to scan in the environment across different subnets: 2000 IP Addresses.

System available to me: Kali box with the most up to date release. The system has 2GB of RAM, 80 GB of storage and 4 CPUs allocated. This is a virtual machine. The virtual machine has access to all 2000 IP Addresses.

The objective is to port scan all 2000 IP Addresses in order to find out the status of TCP and UDP across all 65,535 ports.

My initial thought is to use NMAP but I do not know which certain switches are good for such a scan. And this is the cake topper. I have only 6 hours to complete the scan since my change window is limited.

What would be the suggestions from the community as to the best approach to accomplish this project and would your recommendations support the ability to complete in time safely? I would like to output to different outputs such as -oA outputfiles and after that my plan is to use xsltproc to convert the xml output to html. This is if it is NMAP. I was thinking Masscan but I could get false positives. Looking forward to responses. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment