Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Network access control using face recognition. Is it possible?

Hi all!

When talking about NAC, we all think out Cisco ISE, Aruba ClearPass, ... The problem is, they are all expensive and sometimes they are hard to implement.

I have only been around the industry for a few months, so maybe i don't know what technologies they are using to control their network.

I will do my Graduate thesis next month, my project is about "User Profile checking using picture recognition". I am thinking that i will integrate my project with networking. Maybe it will add another layer of security in the application level.

Let's talk about Cisco ISE, a few months earlier, i assisted my team to implement Cisco ISE for a customer. I noticed that Cisco ISE has some features like:

- Auto Profiling

- Auto change policy that applied to a supplicant when it compliant.

- Check Windows version and Softwares installed on the supplicant

...

Maybe thre are so much more features that i don't know about ISE, but most of the function of ISE, i think i can replace it with python.

For example:

- Auto Profiling => Check Mac Address of the endpoints and classify it.

- Check Windows version and Softwares installed on the supplicant => Checking Services or Registry.

- Change Policy applied to a supplicant when face recognition success => Server will exec a python script to auto change Access-List on the Network Device interface.

Do you guys have any suggestion?

Any input is appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment