Monday, August 24, 2020

Microsoft RDC using bandwidth capped client terminal.

We are considering a new ERP (Distribution/Accounting Software) for our company and I'm having trouble determining the viability of RD as a connection client. The remote client will be my home office, and we are located in BFE, so our DSL maximum is 1.5mbps and our alternative is a WiFi hotspot which has suitable bandwidth, but is capped at 15GB/mo under the current plan. Bigger plans are available, but at a costly premium which needs to be factored into our decision. I am concerned that RDC will eat up too much of our data. From what I can see, the minimum requirement for RDC is 1.5mbps, but I doubt we will get 1.5mbps consistently on DSL, so I'm thinking the Hotspot is the only option here, but then I have to deal with the cap. My ERP provider told me that RDC doesn't redraw the screen but everything I have read says that is does, which sounds like a real data hog.

Does anyone here have experience with RDC and limited data caps? And if this belongs in another sub, I would appreciate some advice as to where to post it, since this sort of falls into a few categories.

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment