Saturday, August 15, 2020

How to securely install Philips Hue bridge?

I decided that I needed more color and opted for this solution, but now that I need yo connect it, I'm having some doubts about its security.

I have my ISP router used only to connect it to the Internet, this router has WiFi off and in the LAN1 port it is connected a second (my own) router. This one has all the devices connected either by lan or WiFi.

I thought it would make it more secure if I connected the philips brige to the ISP router, is this just being paranoid or should I care? If I get it right it need Internet access to allow me control lights and eventually devices while out of home. However I won't use this functionality but rather use my phone yo control the lights while at home.

Is there a smarter, more secure solution?



No comments:

Post a Comment