Friday, August 28, 2020

Help setting up LACP in FreeNAS

New to FreeNAS and I could use a bit of help. I am trying to configure LACP. On my switch I have port 21 and 22 on lag1, with lag1 being untagged on a single vlan and excluded everywhere else. My FreeNAS server has 2 NICs, each with a static up on the same vlan. I know you are not supposed to have two NICs on the same VLAN, but I figured just for setting everything up. I am trying to bond them on the FreeNAS side and it says the network is already in use by another NIC. I’m assuming this has to do with both NICs having static IPs on the same VLAN, so what should I do about this? Do I put them both in different VLANs from the one I want to do the link aggregation on? Should I put lag1 tagged on the VLAN I want to use and untagged on my default VLAN?



No comments:

Post a Comment