Friday, August 14, 2020

Help default-information originate bgp to ospf

So this feels like one of those situations that will have a painfully obvious solution once I know it. But... that time isn't here yet. So here is my situation. I have an ASA that is receiving a default route via iBGP from our peering router. This route is installing into the ASA table as the default, although I had to decrease the administrative distance of BGP learned routes on the ASA so that it would not prefer a default it receives from OSPF via another peering point. I have also placed default-information originate metric-type 1 into the ASA's OSPF config. However, when looking at the router immediately inside of the ASA there is no default route coming from the ASA. When I perform a sh ip ospf external 0.0.0.0 on the inside router I only see an entry for the default coming from the other pop.

I tried forcing the OSPF process on the ASA to advertise the default with default-information originate metric-type 1 always, this worked insofar as I was able to see both default LSAs in the OSPF database on the inside router. However, this also defeats my intended purpose, which is to only advertise the default from the ASA if the ASA is also receiving the default from BGP. Help!!! LOL. Seems like this should be working and I'm missing something obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment