Wednesday, August 26, 2020

data link layer traffic

Hello guys,

for university I have to make a little project - I am pretty advanced in python programming but this project has to be a network related topic so my choice was to combine these two in some sort of form, so here is what I plan on doing:

analysing data link layer traffic and visualizing it in a python based application

so what I plan on doing in detail is:

  • analyse traffic via wireshark (most likely pseudo generated traffic but I am not to sure about this one yet)

  • specifically look into layer 2 (data link)

  • take the won data from this and "analyse" it, that means finding anomalies and trends and tons of other things you can do with data

  • display all this won information in a python tool / application, mainly graphically showcasing what I "researched" and giving the user the option to filter for specific interests for example

 

So I am pretty advanced in Python programming so I am good for that and I also have basic to advanced knowledge in networks and network related topics but one big question remains:

this project has to answer a scientific question in some sort of form - so basically what is my main goal by analysing the traffic from the data link layer

So currently I am trying to find some ideas to what the main "analysing goal" could be and thats why I came here:

Do you guys have some thoughts about what I just described and maybe could shoot me some ideas on what I should focus on or to say it in other words what would you as a reader interest the most?

(thanks for your answers guys and I hope this post doesnt violate any of the "homework" related rules as I am not looking for specific help and I know what I have to do and how, I just want to hear if anyone has some ideas or thoughts that didnt come to my mind yet)



No comments:

Post a Comment