Thursday, August 27, 2020

Cisco 9500 - which mode is it running in??

I've searched and searched and it's getting really frustrating not being able to find this simple answer. I'm wondering if it's maybe because I'm framing the question wrong.

I'm simply trying to determine if this stack of two 9500-24Y4C switches is compatible with ISSU. It's currently running 16.9.4 and we want to update to 16.9.5. Strictly speaking I'm pretty sure this upgrade is compatible with ISSU.

One other requirement for ISSU is for the switch to be running in INSTALL mode. This is what I can't find an answer to. All I've found is to use the show version command but that's for a 3850 and it does not show the same information on a 9500.

The last requirement is to be running stackwise-virtual and I'm pretty sure I am based on the result of running show stackwise-virtual.

Is it just me or is Cisco's documentation good in some areas (step by step process instructions) but piss poor in others?



No comments:

Post a Comment