Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Anyone here use Gartner? What do you use it for?

So I work for a federal agency and our director just recently purchased all employees individual licenses for Gartner. We had a kickoff meeting with them yesterday where they went over everything they offer and all that. But after the kickoff I was still a little confused at what I can get with my licenses.

My understanding is that they are there for tech support. If I have an issue with anything IT related, whether it be configuring a new cisco device feature or setting up something new in our server lab, they have a technical expert in any department that could guide me through it. They are also there for guidance and reviews on new devices, whether it be a server, router, switch, firewall NGFW, whatever. They have someone who is an expert on it and can answer questions and make suggestions.

My boss seems to think it is solely for suggestions and guidance with devices and design. More like a consumer reports for IT equipment.

Does anyone here also use Gartner? And if so, could you tell me what you do with it? Are they more for helping with troubleshooting, advice, or a mix of the two?



No comments:

Post a Comment