Monday, August 10, 2020

Any idea why this strange thing would happen?

Not sure if this is the right spot, but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask. I have spectrum internet. I used a router + a spectrum modem, and just tonight switched over to router + my own modem. Tried to get online, got an error page saying I had to register my MAC address with spectrum. Okay, whatever. Call in, set up, get 200 Mbps down. Cool.

Thirty minutes go by, and I start getting that page again. Okay. So I call in, and in troubleshooting she says we’ll need to get a tech out. Okay... so I ask her to wait while I switch the other device back on. So, she goes through the setup again. My original router is set up and online. However, I still get the page that says to set up the MAC address. But it’s showing the MAC address of the previous modem.

In chrome browser I can access some pages, but can’t access most. I’ve cleared cache, cookies, etc. power cycled computer, modem, router multiple times.

I say chrome browser because I can access all pages via Firefox. What in tarnation is going on? My girlfriend can access all pages on her computer. We’re both wired to the router. I can’t even get Spotify — it shows as no signal. It’s like chrome is super confused.

Literally never seen anything like it. Anyone have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment