Thursday, August 20, 2020

4G/LTE Modem and APN profile abroad

Hello everyone,

It may not be the best place to write this post, but I did not really know where to write it. Please, if you know a better Reddit, I'd be glad to hear suggestions.

So, I bought an LTE Modem that works pretty fine in Canada. I also took a sim card from a canadian company, which will allow other devices to access to the Internet through the modem. So far, everythink works fine and I'm pretty happy about the product.

However, my main main job is to send all those devices in the USA, and I won't be able to be there physically. I know the sim card will work through roaming network with a smartphone, but I'm pretty worried about this modem. I know especially that the APN profile is important. For now, the sim card uses the APN profile of my canadian network, but I'm quite sure it's not gonna work in the USA, even though the phone company sells the sim as a canadian/USA phone plan.

Do you think I need to change the APN, and if yes, for which configuration? The company in Canada told me Verizon or AT&T would do, but still I have two choices of configuration...

If you know anything about this subject, it would really help!

Thank you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment