Tuesday, August 18, 2020

3 remote machines, same subnet, no DG set, L2tpv3 - what am I missing?

Evening all,

So I've got this problem at work, in its simplest forms as follows.

3 laptops, each in a different location

They MUST be on the same subnet (I know that its bad, but it's not my call)

It is not an option to set a Default Gateway on the laptops (again, I know, customer suck sometimes)

So I'm testing this in a lab, I've got 3 C1101s interconnected by G1/0/1 and G1/0/2 (switchports, so they're each in a VLAN) with OSPF doing the routing.

I've allocated G0/0/0 as the laptop port. I've configured pseudowire and made an L2tunnel between the first two boxes, I can see the tunnels up, and the laptop ports are up.

Laptops have IP 10.10.10.1/24 and 10.10.10.2/24 (with no default gateway). The laptops are just standard win10 build.

What else do I need to do to make 10.10.10.1 be able to ping 10.10.10.2?

This is above my usual technical level so im getting a little out of my depth, any advice more than welcome.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment