Friday, July 10, 2020

What is the largest equipment you have done in one go?

Im curious at what kind of scale and crazy stuff other people had to order. First I was surprised that I managed to get a $2 million refresh budget approved without almost any questions- with only 18 months of experience. Right now I'm pushing through a $6 million request. My biggest one was when I pushed for a ISP contract renegotiation to meet some of the requirements I created and without knowing it added a $1.5 million/month bill with plans to increase it again in a year when possible. As someone in their early 20s and very "early career" it's crazy anyone will take my recommendations at face value with this much money on the line. I'm sure alot of you have some crazy stories of much higher budgets being pushed through without pushback and would love to hear them! Waiting for that datacenter engineer to come on and say they do 11 digit upgrades every few years.



No comments:

Post a Comment