Friday, July 31, 2020

Weird issue.

Hello All,

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. But, i"m having a weird issue that I hope you all can possibly shed some light on.

I have a user that has his laptop and wireless printer connected to his home modem/router a PACE 5268AC that he got from ATT. I confirmed this by walking him reconnecting his printer to the wireless network.

The problem is that his laptop is getting a 192.168.xxx.xxx address while his printer is getting a 10.0.0.xxx address. I made sure that his printer and laptop are both using DHCP. The fact they are getting assigned to two different network segments is making to where they can't talk to each other.

I also tried to program the printer with a static 192.168.xxx.xxx address but that didn't work.

Has anyone ever seen this?



No comments:

Post a Comment