Thursday, July 30, 2020

VXLAN - Migrate VM holding same MAC and IP

I have some doubts when it comes to VXLAN, I'm learning about the world of Data Centers & something that caught my interest is on some YouTube videos they talk about being able to migrate a VM from one physical server to another, now I don't have a lot of experience on Data Centers but I'm curious on what can be accomplished by this. So would it be possible to transfer a VM to another server from a LAN to another LAN while still having the same IP address??? I'm having some problems trying to solve this since LAN A would be say 192.168.100.0/24 for the servers and 192.168.101.0/24 for the users, but if we go through the WAN to LAN B there will be 192.168.200.0/24 for the servers on that site and 192.168.202.0/24 for users and both LAN's connect to a core switch and promote their network via EIGRP, how would it be possible to move a VM from LAN A to LAN B with still the same IP address and still being able to contact that VM through the entire network? Or is this VM migration possible while having the servers on the same LAN?

I have 2 sites, one MDF with our servers and another site with other servers, just wondering if migrating a VM from a LAN to another LAN will be possible or if I can only migrate a VM within the same LAN

Any help on this or if someone could refer me to a forum or resource to learn this will be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment