Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Virgin and Netgear D6400 - won't connect

Hi folks I would like you help if possible.

I'm with Virgin Media, using their modem/router - since the WiFi signal isn't the greatest I bought a Netgear D6400 to be used as a router / WiFi (probably overally better performances)

I switched the Virgin Media to modem only, then plugged the D6400 (virgin port 1 ethernet to netgear red port, then port 1 netgear to ethernet on my computer)

However the ethernet connection only worked once Couldn't log in on routerlogin.net When the eth worked and I opened routerlogin the wizard said that there was no connection detected Obviously the wifi isn't working...

Could you please help? I thought it was a straightforward process but isn't at least for me.

Thx



No comments:

Post a Comment