Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Starting to with data center

Hello my fellow network redditors, i'm in need of some feedback on the design that I have on a topology, these topology will be for new server racks, they're adding new servers and new racks, I have some budget for network equipment, I will add a C9500-48Y4C for our core switch to upgrade our old core switch, then from there it will be connected to the C9500-32QC aggregation switch, this switch will be the middle man between the core switch and the rest of the switches for the racks. Each rack will have a C9300-24UX with a 2Q network module, the servers will have 10G Ethernet ports. Now im not really familiar with the term 'Top of the rack switch' or what models but I'm using the C9300-24UX since all of the ports can support 10G.

I'm having doubts about the selection of the switches I picked and the decisions on this. In my mind I have the 'Go big or go home' mentality when it comes to this kind of projects, I think it's a bit overkill having 40G uplinks between the top of the rack switch and the aggregation switch, I even think about bundling the cable to reach 80G, and then connect the aggregation switch to the core switch and using the 100G speed and then ALSO bundling the ports to reach 200G. Is this good? or should I take other considerations into this? There are about 500 users on the network and do hit some of the servers pretty hard, is this a good design I have made? other suggestions? I just want to know if I did a good job on this or went full on overkill on this.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: here is a basic design I have made
https://imgur.com/a/BjdGSRc



No comments:

Post a Comment