Thursday, July 2, 2020

Question about MPLS networks

Hi all,

I am testing some experimental headers in MPLS networks. I am attaching the experimental headers between MPLS and IP because the nodes I use can parse them and use them. I am integrating this with legacy devices that cannot parse these experimental headers. I have done tests using GNS3 and I can confirm that my approach works.

However, I have not worked in ISP's or professional networks so I am not aware of some information. To those of you with a good knowledge of MPLS networks or good experience managing them, do you know if the MPLS routers parse IP headers (or even L4 headers) for any purpose? I am talking only about clients' traffic not routing traffic, so basically the traffic that is forwarded based on MPLS labels.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment