Friday, July 10, 2020

MSTP issues on Brocade

Hi,

I recently inherited a poorly managed wireless internet network, I had a mentor type person tell me what I needed to do was get mstp set up on all my switches(mostly brocade with some tough/edge switches and a couple dells mixed in). Over the span of a couple of days I was able to get all the switches configured with mstp, the propery priorities, name, region, vlans all set right, but after it was complete all I've been getting is my logs spammed with bridge tc events. now from my understanding these events mean there was network topology change detected on that port, this was causing all sorts of issues with my Wimax and LTE towers. So I went through and set all the basestation ports to no span, which fixed most of those issues, still getting bridge tc events from every port that leads to a switch. mostly no issues except for 3 switches where seemingly randomly the switch will declare itself as the root switch causing my link to the other switch to reset killing my towers temporarily, and then reinstating the old root switch as root. NBD except in that instant of resetting the link to the other switch, the Wimax and LTE towers die for the splittest of seconds, forcing customers to reboot in order to reconnect. Any thoughts on what might be happening here? I've tried to follow the bridge Tc events but they all lead to nowhere. theoretically if i follow a tc event to another switch it should show a tc event from the next down/upstream switch but it flows in all directions making it seemingly impossible to track.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment