Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Moving company fiber modem, not sure what cable I need

I manage the IT systems for my employer and we are in the process of moving all networking and server equipment to one location in the office. Until now there were 3 separate locations where switches were located. We would like to move the existing fiber modem to the new server/networking room as well since the room it is in now will soon be used for storage. I will need to order a cable roughly 100' long but I want to make sure I order the correct type of fiber and one with the right terminations. It will run through conduit in the ceiling that we have already installed.

The modem is a Sumitomo Electric FTE6083 and it has what appears to be a single link fiber connection to the Spectrum demarc.

I tried to figure out what type of terminations were installed but there seem to be quite a few different kinds. Please let me know if any pictures would help.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment