Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Moved to Mac, soliciting tips/gotchas

Made the leap from PC to Mac for my work PC a few weeks back. Definitely a learning curve but I am happy overall. Curious if anyone has any tips or tricks they can share. I have brew installed. Im using Atom for text editing, really wish Notepad++ was available. Outlook sucks, I hobbled it to kinda fit my needs. I am a inbox zero person and I did a lot with Quick Steps to achieve that. Excel is ok, Ill be much better when I learn the ctrl and page up/down and home/end shortcuts. Haven't had to do much with visio yet, I had heard of Lucid Chart as a good alternative. There are a few company specific apps (Cherwell and ForeScout) which have fat clients that are Windows only. There are web portals but they suck.

I know Im not the first so I am curious what you guys have run into.

Thanks,



No comments:

Post a Comment