Thursday, July 30, 2020

IPS Recommendations

Currently run an ASA 5545-X with firepower services managed via FMC. Wanting to keep ASA but replace firepower. I've already looked into pfsense, palo alto, fortinet and meraki. All of them would be a firewall replacement just to replace our IPS and I am not wanting to do that. I am looking for a dedicated IPS solution, not a firewall with an IPS unless the IPS can be ran on its own until I migrated to the firewall.

Also looked at Barracuda however there a bit pricey like Cisco.

I've considered suricata however, going from an FMC to linux command line ( I know firepower is linux) is a big shift. Still looking into this however I dont see this being a practical replacement as no support is offered.

Looking for recommendations.



No comments:

Post a Comment