Friday, July 17, 2020

Internet keeps disconnecting

Hello. I'm having a very frustrating time with my internet this afternoon. Everything was working fine until I was using Surfshark VPN on my iMac for about 30 minutes, my computer went to sleep and then I got it started again and I've had problems since. I have used Surfshark many times and have never had problems until now. I keep getting it to work again for a few minutes but then it goes down again. All of the lights on my modem and airport are green when it happens. Whenever it goes down the "internet" part of airport utility will say "not connected." I've completely turned off the vpn, done hard resets on modem and airport, restarted several times, I flushed the dns cache. Spectrum says there is no outage. I get it to work again by reseting the modem and airport but then it happens again shortly after. What could be the problem? I'm guessing the vpn messed with something. I’ve also tried doing a hard factory test on the airport router and the problem still keeps coming back. Could it be causing a problem that I used the same network name as before when it set it up again? I even tried using another tp-link router and couldn’t really get past setup. It could but auto detect so I tried cloning mac and it said it was setup but then nothing loads. What the heck could I still try? The regular Ethernet connection from modem to my iMac seems to work fine when I turn WiFi off.



No comments:

Post a Comment