Monday, July 20, 2020

HPE 1920s VLAN routing issues - Assigning IP interface

I have a few HPE 1920s switches and have having a heck of a time with getting inter-VLAN routing working.

While testing I've:
Created VLAN 20 & VLAN 30
Added Port 47 into VLAN 20 as a tagged member. Excluded from VLAN1.
Added Port 48 into VLAN 30 as a tagged member. Excluded from VLAN1.
Changed the Port VLAN ID's respectively.
Turned on VLAN Routing.
Assigned VLAN 20 an IP address and VLAN 30 an IP address.
With routing turned on and the IP address on those VLANs, I can ping between computers connected on those ports.

What I CANNOT do:
I cannot get an IP address assigned to VLAN 1 so that it can partake in interVLAN routing. I receive the following error: There is a subnet conflict between specified ip address and an already configured ip address.

The IP address IS in the same subnet as the rest of VLAN1 (the whole network). The IP address is NOT in use (and I've tried multiple). If I choose to use DHCP as the assignment method, the whole GUI interface locks up and I have to pull power to get back into it (I don't save the config so I can start from scratch). This seems only to happen in VLAN1.

What am I missing in my understanding of how to set this up? I had seen someone else have this same issue, and it seemed like it may have been a VLAN1 issue, but alas, I can't find that again.



No comments:

Post a Comment