Friday, July 31, 2020

Help - Public library wifi access

My daughter just became the director of a small municipal library. The previous director has disabled the wifi as they were getting DMCA notices for torrenting. The library has no $ in the budget for an IT professional, so I volunteered to make an attempt at getting their wifi functional again. However, my experience is in home networking, I don't know anything about public access wifi.

Right now the library is using the ISP-provided gateway that feeds their 6 computers via ethernet. Wifi is simply disabled in the gateway control panel.

I'd like to re-enable the wifi and simply block torrenting, but I don't know if that possible or if that's even the right way to handle it.

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment