Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Help Cabling guidelines

Hi Experts,

I need some help on some cabling guidelines (namely fiber) on which type of fiber to use and to which connector and match to an SFP that is supported by a given device.

I was recently assigned to oversee a new network deployment project, but up until now I was only working on the high level designs, never really caring about the black magic of the physical layer.

I already know the differences between SC/LC connectors, Multimode vs Single mode, etc.

The one thing that I do know know is how to put everything together, from choosing the right module to the right transceiver to the right fiber cable.

If anyone can share some guidelines or tell me where to learn this stuff would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment