Saturday, July 18, 2020

GS110TP going offline, becomes unreachable, but traffic still working on some ports

I have a brand new GS110TP. I have only added a vlan, everything else is factory settings. I have the LAN going into one port, and several Meraki APs and Ubiquiti gigabeams. The Merakis stay online, but after about a day the switch itself indicates it's disconnected (via the Meraki dashboard) and I can no longer reach the management interface by its IP.

I would have considered this an anomaly, but I put another of the exact same switch, also brand new in its place and now a day later it's doing the same thing.

What should I be looking for while the device is still reachable and online? Any idea why some ports might not be powering devices while others are?

Wake on LAN attempts have done nothing.

I have a few of these on the property and only these last two I bought are doing this. These are the same model as my existing ones but they have a slightly different light layout on the front panel and they have me log into the management console using a netgear.com account rather than a local user.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment