Thursday, July 16, 2020

Fortinet vs Watchguard

I've had a look here:https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/cr6d7l/watchguard_vs_fortigate/

And here:https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/hrlyt0/sonicwall_vs_watchguard_vs_fortinet/

At work, we use Watchguard M270s. I have a Fortinet 60E at home, for a home lab that I'll eventually move to Sophos XG at home purely as it's expensive as hell for one person!

The issue I have with doing a comparison, is most people saying "But I like it" and tbf that's my own decision too, but then I'm trying to think about what exactly I like about it

The UI is slicker, sure but that's hard to justify to the businessPacket capturing is God awful on Watchguards too.

Troubleshooting is perhaps easier on the Fortinets

Gartner puts Forti up with Palo Alto, but the business probably won't care for that.

Does anyone have any other reasons other than "But I like it"? (Either way ie: if you like Watchguard or Fortinet)



No comments:

Post a Comment